Ditch the Workout...Join the Party!

What is a Zumba fitness class like? It's a very exciting dance party atmosphere full of Latin and international music. You'll forget you're working out with the sexy but simple moves to dance music like Cha Cha, Salsa, reggaeton, rumba and more. Best of all, you don't need any previous dance experience!

It's fun and effective, using interval training combining fast and slow rhythms for an effective aerobic workout while at the same time targetting your legs, abs, glutes and arms.

The workout is basically watch and follow. The moves are repeated often enough for you to catch on and they're not complicated. The routines are repeated week after week with additions every now and then to spice things up even more!

According to the Zumba website, "Zumba combines high energy and motivating music with unique moves and combinations that allow the Zumba participants to dance away their worries. It is based on the principle that a workout should be 'FUN AND EASY TO DO' in order for Zumba participants to stick to the Zumba fitness program to achieve long-term health benefits. Zumba is not only great for the body, but it is also great for the mind. It is a 'feel happy' workout."

Zumba is very infectious and is definitely the latest, most exciting fitness sensation! What a fun way to workout to lose weight or just become a healthier new you - you'll love the results. Be sure to bring your family and friends to be a part of the Zumba Fitness party! Check out the Zumba website here for more info: http://www.zumba.com/. Happy Zumba-ing :-)

Zumba with Heather: http://www.energiezumba.com

Another Zumba Demo coming up!

Well, after doing a demo at Saint-Anicet's Annual Corn Roast, I looked around and came upon the Huntingdon Fair info. I checked the date (which was, at the time, two weeks away) and figured I was too late to register but decided on calling the organizers anyway. "Sure", Shirley said, "it's not too late to be considered but we've run out of funds to pay our demonstrators." I was surprised that they pay and wasn't expecting it anyway so I proceeded to tell her I'd love to do a free demo. Shirley told me she was meeting with the committee the next night and would bring it up. Meantime I emailed her all my info. The morning after the committee meeting, Shirley called to say they'd be delighted to include me and she, for one, would be very interested in taking class but it was too bad it was in Saint-Anicet which, she found, was a little far, and would I be considering opening a class in Huntingdon or Ormstown, perhaps? I actually had been mulling over this and Shirley gave me some leads on where to teach.

So, all that being said, I will have my demo at 12:30 p.m. in the Refreshment tent on Saturday, August 16th 2008 at the Huntingdon Fair. This time, no microphone so I'll have to yell my a** off - LOL! Oh, and I have to bring my boom box - no sound system available at that time - Oh well... I WILL have fun anyway!

Hubby is worried about me, though, he says the Huntingdon Fair is for farmers and NO ONE will be interested in Zumba fitness. However, they DO have a gymnastics demo...

I'm not worried. Whether it's only Shirley who is an on-looker or there are others, I'm trying to get the Zumba name out there because in my teeny tiny town and around, no one has heard of Zumba Fitness. Eh...every little bit helps, right?

Live...laugh...love...ZUMBA!

No comments: